|This is a better deal than the new model year bat!|
Marucci CAT6 BBCOR Bat 2-5/8" -3oz (2015)
Every year there are one or two bats that come out of nowhere and become "The Bat." I am calling it right now -- the Cat6 is that bat.
MAD MAX says:
Every year there is one or two bats that come out of nowhere and become "The Bat." I am calling it right now -- the Cat6 is that bat! The last time we saw a Cat series bat, it was banned and people were saying that they would never use another Marucci BBCOR bat. However, this Cat6 is legal and there are no signs of it getting banned. It is a one-piece, all alloy bat and is super balanced with an unbelievable feel. At the moment of impact, this bat feels so smooth and is also a real loud sounding bat. This is the bat to take you to the next level!
The CAT6 is the new and improved version of the CAT5 from 2014. It will be one of the hotter bats out there, but at a fraction of the cost of other high performing BBCOR bats. The improvements totally make sense:
- Improved patented anti-vibration knob eliminates sting
- Last year's CAT5 knob seemed to unscrew with use. Not this year. We have about 10,000 hits on our DEMO and itís cruising along.
- The CAT6 knob is what I would call a normal shaped knob rather than the square one from last year.
- Patented Ring Free knob design will dampen the sting to the hands.
- Improved ring-free barrel technology for maximum performance
- The CAT6 has a larger sweet spot and a longer shell than itís predecessor the CAT5.
- There's much more surface to hit with and it's a lot more forgiving when fighting off those tough pitches. Very Smooth swinging.
- Optimized barrel-end wall thickness for faster swing speeds.
- This is a 1-piece balanced alloy bat for traditional feel at a moderate price -- It'll perform like you paid double what you did.
- BBCOR certified.
Marucci CAT6 BBCOR Bat -3oz (2015)
BBCOR Certified Baseball Bat
The BBCOR formula provides a better measure of the bat's performance and therefore allows the rules committee and bat testing laboratories to better predict field performance based on lab tests. The goal is that non-wood bats that meet this new standard will perform similarly to wood bats. All BBCOR bats will incorporate a logo mark once certification approval is granted. This mark will be consistent across every approved bat design so umpires will easily identify approved bats.